How many educators and business leaders are parents?
No leader can ignore the important role that leadership starts at home as a parent.
Ignore your children/teenagers and they will become that tiresome individual at school or at work or at sport.
Children/teenagers supply their parents with a great ‘platform’ on which to prepare the best foundations for working with people.
Parents who prepare their children/teenagers to become balanced, confident, and self-sufficient are sending them out into the world as CHANGEMAKERS.
Leaders as parents today need to:
· Take their role of parenting more seriously than ever before.
· Not expect outside sources to play this role.
· Discover how to influence and guide their children/teenagers.
· Consider in today’s world it is difficult for young people to make good moral choices.
· Learn to take every opportunity that presents itself in building a solid relationship with their children/teenagers.
· Stay alert and be prepared for possible situations BEFORE a challenge arises or a wrong choice is made.
· Give them opportunities to learn how to cope with losing.
· Teach children/teenagers to experience life in safety.
LIFE HAS NO REVERSE GEAR!